Wednesday 10 August 2011

Reindeer Ornament model :)

Heyy Guys!

I'm gonna show you how to make a cute little Reindeer ornament that you can hang on a tree or on your shelf :D

This is what my finished product looks like :)


This isn't an original idea, however I had to figure out how to re-create the template, because in the magazine I bought about two years ago, the template was on the back  of designer paper, which I used without copying the pattern.





Anywho this is my improvised template :D




































Everything you need to construct the Reindeer is there, all you need to do is trace or print the image, then cut along the black lines, and fold along the red lines. I'll show you how to put it together :)

I've used Hot pink and Yellow card for the reindeer because I think they go quite well together :) But the choice is entirely yours.

You can use absolutely anything you want to embellish your creation, my tutorial here is merely a guide XD

This is quite a simple project to make, all you need is card (two colours) Scissors, glue or cellotape, and any optional embellishments. Good Luck and have fun! :D



This is what the reindeer looks like after folding all of the body pieces. Use glue to complete the box shape of the neck.


The neck secures to the front part of the body by sticking the largest tab of the neck to the underside of the shoulder area.

Fold the body around the remaining tabs and glue in place as shown in the picture.


Now for the head. Glue the antlers to the underside of the tab between its ears. Then dab a bit of glue to the inside of either cheek, and glue them to the neck as shown :)

All you need to do now is glue the hooves onto the feet, and embellish it anyway you want.


With my one I added ribbon for the reins and large crystal sequins to hold the ribbon down, also a heart shaped sequin for the nose, and googly eyes to give the little fella some character XD

I hope you've enjoyed making this reindeer ornament as much as I have lolz


No comments:

Post a Comment