Monday 8 August 2011

Paper Quilling-- Owl

Heyy, My name is Becca, and I'm 16 years old :) I'm new to blogging, but bare with me XD

To start off with I want to show you guys some of the projects I'm currently into. Mainly quilling at the moment though lolz, it's very theraputic.

My latest attempt at quilling is an owl that I designed myself, from one of my doodles, you can see my doodle to the right of the quilled piccie :)


I've enjoyed making this and found it surprisingly easy to construct.

It's a bit rugged around the edges but I like it better for being imperfect :)

Here are some more pictures taken at different angles. I've stuck it to my bedroom dresser next to my computer which faces sideways, because I think the owl looks better viewed side on rather than from the front.


I think it's kinda cute. Don't you?

To make owlius (that is what he has been named lolz, full name is >> "owlius (The REAL petrol"

His name derived from another doodle of a fish I drew and named Petrol. I bought an owl cushion for friendship bracelet making and called that petrol too, but then there was two of them, so this owl is now the REAL one lolz :D


Anywho, I made Owlius by drawing a template of an owl and blue-tacking it to the underside of a clear sheet of laminated paper. (It's easier than buying proper clear plastic sheets and is just as effective)

Then I just quilled strips of paper into the shapes I wanted and glued them down. When it was finished I just un-tacked the base template and hazahh! Finished quilled project :)



Okay, most of the shapes I used here all come from basic quilled shapes depicted in this picture here.

These are really easy to do and give endless craft possibilities. Have fun with this. It takes time but the end products are so worth it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment