Monday 8 August 2011

Paper Quilling-- Characters!!!

Tis Yoshi!

Heyy :D

Okay, this is a project that I've really enjoyed making. It's Yoshi, from the super mario games series. Probably my favourite character lolz.


This project was inspired by perler beads, and is actually based on an image of a perler bead Yoshi.

All I've done is substituted the little round iron beads for quilled square pieces of paper, and stuck them onto a base of metallic blue card.

The only regret I have with this picture is that the glue splodged it's way around Yoshi, and has dried onto the card noticeably.. But heyy it's not the end of the world :) However the piccie doesn't show that to well, yay for technology!! :D





Now for The BOMB-OM

This little fella is much loved (despite it's tendacy to blow up on you XD) in the Super Mario Series. And I decided that I'd like to know what it would look like in quilled form lolz. Here it is.


I apologise for the condition of the photo, not exactly brilliant quality, but ah wells :)

This is a little bit more traditional than the style of the Yoshi I quilled (see above) but I think it looks rather cute, I just hope it doesn't explode on me for saying that lolz.

I made the lil bomb-om by quilling lots of little shapes such as leaves and hearts etc, and arranging them into a circular pattern for the body.

The eyes have been quilled and stuck on top of the body :D

Unfortunately the black card I used had white edges therefore I had to use permanent marker to make it look blacker lolz. I kinda like the result though, let me know what you think :D





Next up-- Quilled Zelda Boss Key

I've always enjoyed getting this little Boss key on the Zelda games, It's so freaking cute! I've always wanted to keep it but sadly... as it's just a game..

So what better way to get my hands on it for real than to make it myself! Hazahh XD


Anywho, this quoote little key was made in exactly the same way my Yoshi was, by quilled little squares glued together. It was also inspired by a perler bead version of the little Boss key.

However the only difference between the making of the key and Yoshi is that it has been stuck directly together rather than to a base :)

I like this so much better as It's more practical, and can even be made into a pendant for a necklace (albeit a big one lolz) fashionable though XD


No comments:

Post a Comment