Tuesday 16 August 2011

Fringe Quilled teddy Bear

Heyy everyone! :D

Omg I've just found the cutest quilling idea! I'ts a little teddy bear made from quilling slitted strips of paper, it can be used for decorating cards or anything really, or it can just be framed in a mini frame for a gift :D

Okay, this is what t looks like :)


This little Bear has been made from about 9 strips of paper:

Two Blue strips slitted and quilled for the arms.

Two joined blue strips for the head.

One cream strip joined with two joined blue strips for the body.

Half a white strip joined with half a blue strip for both feet :)



Here's how to make it :D

First get a blue strip and cut slits along it with scissors, not cutting completely through it though. Now do the same for another whole blue strip and join them together to make one extra long slitted strip.

(standard quilling strip length about 90 cm)

You can either buy quilling strips or make them yourself by cutting them from coloured paper.


Then quill the slitted strip as you would a normal quilling strip around your quilling tool.

Be sure to add small dots of glue as you quill the strip to make it secure :)


Once you've done, take the fringed strip off your tool and fluff out the strip to make it look like this.

Now you have the head of your teddy :D

Make two more of these only using single strips for the paws.

Now make a cream one, but before you fluff it and take it off, quill two more of the blue strips around it to make the belly and the body.

For the feet, do the same as you did for the body but with the half-size white and blue strips.


Arrange all of your fringed 'flowers' as shown in this piccie. Secure them together using glue.

For the nose of the bear, just quill an ordinary white quilling strip tightly, making a tight coil, and glue it to the head.

Cut two ears from normal blue paper (I just cut out semi circles) and stick them into the fringes, add googly eyes and your done! :D


How you present it is entirely up to you :D I stuck mine onto black card.

The finished result fits nicely into the palm of your hand, depending on how lengthy your quilled strips are :)

I hope you've enjoyed creating this :D

P.S. I apologize for the quality of the pictures, my camera chooses when it wants to work nicely for me :D Also, My bear wasn't completely dry when I took it, so some of the wet glue is still visible :) I'm just soo impatient to blog lolz XD



Heyy again!
Okay, I've decided to try again with this Fringed Bear quilling project, and have made a Panda as well.



I like this panda better because I've made it more 3d by quilling both sides as shown in the piccies :)

I've even stuck a cute crystal heart to give it more of a cute character :)


Here's the side view :) :)

This again was a blast to make :D Have fun making this, and enjoy the awesomness of it lolz



No comments:

Post a Comment